Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Surprise! It's Monday... or Tuesday... or...

Everyone needs a little jump start now and then... especially on Mondays... or random days that feel like Mondays. Or sometimes, just because you have no clue what day it is.

In the middle of the heat this summer, I am moving to one of the hottest places on the planet. Brilliant! But then a breeze - a breath of fresh air came my way. An invitation to dive back into real reality and rest my mind in the place where it should be.

Tag, I'm it!

Shannon of Copperlight Wood fame invited me to join her in a blog hop. A little jump start, a little fun, a little breath of fresh air - that's what her blog is all about. Go check it out! I'll gather my thoughts while you wander over there...

Welcome back! Okay, here's the easy peasy invitation to her blog hop - answer these four fun questions and invite a few friends to do the same. Yes - I am into simple! So here we go...

1. What am I working on/writing?

Ummmm... perfecting my fudge recipe? No... ummmm... painting? er... not lately. Writing? well... there is an idea that is tickling the back of my brain, but it hasn't quite exploded into paintings and words. You see, there is this tree... Yes, a real one - on a hill. A real hill in a real place. And...

And then I think of boxes and trucks and packing fragile heirlooms and confused critters...


There's a lot of trucking going on around here right now so list after list after list after list keeps filling my writing time...

But that tree still sits in the back of my mind - right next to a few seeds - germinating...

2. How does my work/writing differ from others of its genre?

Oh dear.

I'm just glad you can't see the clutter in my brain! It percolates all the time. It wanders all over the universe and back again. It rarely pauses, often races, frequently looses track of the first thought, and then seeks order out of chaos - which is most generally an impossible task.

It is far easier for me to "write" through my artwork, but sometimes words sneak in there, too. I'm not so sure that anything I create is really "different" - perhaps it's more like it takes a turn through the country and sits under a shade tree with a Bible that falls open automatically.

3. Why do I write what I do?

Hmmm... If I didn't write - or paint - what I do, my brain would explode and that could get messy. Basically, I'm saving the universe from disaster or, at least,  Haz-Mat from a lengthy clean up.

Or, maybe it's my heart that would explode if I didn't write things like this or this.

Or, because He encourages me to tell others...

I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you.
John 14:18
 
and this...
 
but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence...
1 Peter 3:15
 
and always, this...
 
 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son,
that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
John 3:16
 
4. How does my writing process work?
 
Chocolate. Chocolate is important. In fact I may need some right now... and maybe a few iPad games... and doodling helps... And then I need something to erase all the ... ... ... s and "ands" and !!!! ... Spell check apparently does not care.  
 
Really not what you expected from me? Ummm. I'm not really a writer. I'm a "sharer". Don't worry - I'll share the chocolate with you, too. I'll think about you while I paint. I'll wonder if you are playing the same computer game that I am. And, all the while, I will wonder what He wants me to say to you.
 
(And*) Now it is your turn!
 
When Shannon gave me this invitation these delightful blogs came to my mind so I am inviting you to join the fun and share a bit about yourselves.
 
Longtime friend and author, Carol Cox, has let me see the wonderful creative process that goes into her books. Oh my! What fun that has been! When the dust settles on my boxes, look for a blog post about her latest writing adventure, "Truth be Told". Check out her journal and enjoy wandering through the backwoods of Northern Arizona as well as finding out about all her wonderful books.
 
Elizabeth Johnson has shared her beautiful artwork, her skills as a teacher, and given a beautiful window into her world on her blog, Wind and Honey Creations. Want to share art with your child? learn a new skill? perfect your drawing skills? She has the tutorial, class, or hints just for you! Slip over there and take a peak. You have to find out about the lion she raised, too, you know!
 
Linda Pruitt invites you to wander through Abby's world on her blog, Abigail's Attic. Pull up a chair, grab a cup of tea, and then wander through the garden after you visit with Abby. You'll want to stop and see the Small Stones, stroll through her gallery, and check out the latest fun that Grandma is having!
 
 Tag! you're it!

Blessings,
Kathy

*See. I really know that "And" is not the best way to start a sentence...  And chocolate was consumed - but there is still some to share!



12 comments:

  1. You, my friend, are delightful. I'm still swooning over the "of Copperlight Wood fame" phrase. ;) And...I start sentences with "And" and "But" quite often, too. I blame it on the chocolate. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww - thank you! And you are welcome! ;-) Shall we have a little cocoa with our fudge now?
      Love and hugs!

      Delete
  2. Glad to see you back to blogging :) I hope the move finishes quickly and you can get back to writing and creating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Edi! I am looking forward to discovering what my new schedule is so I can get back to sharing all the fun times on my blog, too!

      Delete
  3. about "and"--sometimes it's fun to break the rules.
    I would have a hard time answering those questions. My creativity seems a bit in a slump right now. Perhaps it's just going in a different direction for a while. Sometimes my brain needs a rest. I think it's on a long sabbatical at present. I'm working on my house and garden and a bit of cooking creativity. I've also started doing crossword puzzles.
    And--since you mentioned chocolate....I think I must partake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taking a rest is a really good thing and gardens are a lovely place for resting! So glad to find another person who "colors outside the lines"!

      Delete
  4. Oh, yes! Chocolate always helps when you're working so hard. And also when you're not. :-) I do think you're a writer--sharing is a wonderful way to use your writing talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww - thank you, Judy! *passes chocolates*

      Delete
  5. Love this post, Kathy! You always keep your sense of humor, even in the midst of a stressful move! And I also feel that if I didn't create something, I'd explode -- or my right brain would atrophy or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha - Thank you! I think my left brain is on vacation and my right brain is wandering. LOL No telling what will happen when they meet up. My dear family and friends are making sure I have lots of help and much less stress!

      Delete
  6. So glad your getting all moved!

    LOL We sure would be bored without art and hobbies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! LOL On both counts!!! I am looking forward to doing some art very soon.

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails